TWAB Recap: 2021-07-29
We're in the final week of Solstice of Heroes. For the final week, each day will be a PRISM day. While it is imperative to finish your grind for each armor set, note that the white glows don't have a deadline. Dungeons, raids, and competitive Crucible objectives can be completed at any time to unlock the white glow.
Next week will be the final Iron Banner of the season. The Riiswalker and Archon's Thunder weapons can still be earned from the quest in addition to post-game drops and bounty completions. Also, remember that IB is a great way to boost your light level before the next expansion drops!
Bungie Foundation was able to raise $822,000! More info on the foundation can be found HERE. It's a fantastic charity for helping kids in need.
Cross Play is finally coming in season 15. Guardians can play with one another across Xbox, PlayStation, PC, and Stadia.
As part of Cross Play, player names are undergoing a change. All players' names will be converted to a "Bungie Name" that will show across all platforms. From the looks of things, it will be similar to Blizzard's naming scheme. Part of this naming process will involve running all player names through a character filtration process and an offensive term moderation process. All of the special characters that appear on Steam will be removed. The idea is that names should be searchable from console inputs.
Should a name be flagged in either system, players will be automatically renamed "Guardian[Random Number]". There won't be a name change feature available at launch, but Bungie is hopeful it will be available this winter. As such, it would be prudent to get your names locked in now before being stuck until the rename option launches.
From the TWAB:
"Here’s how Bungie Names will work and look:
"Bungie Name": PlayerName#1234
"Display Name": PlayerName
"Numeric ID": 1234 "
With Cross Play, comes adding friends across platforms. Much like the Bungie Name system, a Bungie Friends platform will be rolled out. This will add all friends in one easy-to-find list. Should one be a social butterfly, there will be a way to sort via platform. To add friends with cross play:
"Log into Destiny 2 on a device where you want to turn platform friends into Bungie Friends, and then issue requests via our Roster screen.
Search for your friends using player search on the Invite screen.
Use Bungie.net friends finder, where you can link all of your platforms, and then issue Bungie Friends requests to all your platform friends.
The Bungie.net friend finder will become available alongside Cross Play, and will be found at https://www.bungie.net/friends."
Finally, after what seems an eternity, Fireteam invites will work in-game, regardless of platform or friend status. So, if you have the regular clan event, but not everyone is a friend, it will be possible to invite everyone without the need of a join code. All invites can be found via the Roster page. It will also be possible to search for players via name and send invites. Fireteams can still be built via Bungie's Fireteam Finder, with added support for Cross Play.
Note: Should a player want to prevent harassment or find themselves a target, a block system will be implemented. While most of the privacy settings can be found on the Roster screen, privacy settings can still be accessed on the Bungie.net profile settings.
Now, to ensure fair play, Bungie is setting matchmaking rules. For PvE, all players will share one pool. For competitive modes (Crucible, Iron Banner, Trials, Gambit), matchmaking will be as follows:
- PC players will match with PC players
- Console players will match with other console players (including Stadia)
- Fireteams with any combination of PC and console players will match in the PC player pool
- An issue that allowed a small number of players to circumvent fireteam privacy settings on Steam has been resolved.
- The eyes on the Ghoyster Exotic Ghost Shell should now be visible on all platforms.
- Master Vault of Glass loot lockouts have been separated from Normal. Both are now available independently each week. Pinnacle loot will only drop from the first weekly clear regardless of difficulty.
- There is a visual issue with Helmets when using the Praefectus Cloak ornament.
- The Bombardiers bomb detonations deal no damage to active Supers.
- The Metro Shift shader may not unlock when purchasing the Year-1 Shader Bundle.
- Video settings that have been turned off revert when restarting Destiny 2.