Fishing in Final Fantasy XIV
One of the hallmarks of any great game is the inclusion of a fishing minigame. I may have made that rule up, but that doesn't stop it from being a great rule. There's something incredibly relaxing about casting off the set of adventuring gear and pulling up next to a stream and casting a line. My love for fishing in games began with Ocarina of Time and has now landed in Final Fantasy XIV.
Fisher is a Disciple of the Land gathering class. To begin fishing, players will need to acquire the Fisher class. This is acquired from N'nmulika at the Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (X:7.9, Y: 14.2). All that is required is to have a class at level 1 to accept it. Like any other class, completing class quests will unlock new features and offer a plethora of EXP.
- Gathering will affect the rate of landing a catch. If the fishing class level is adequate for the area and the fish are still getting away, it may be time to upgrade your equipment.
- Perception will affect the HQ catch rate. This is an important factor for leveling up quicker. HQ catches yield an additional 300% XP on top of the base XP earned.
- Unlike bait, lures are reusable. despite being used to catch fish repeatedly, the lures can be lost. Bait like Cage Feeders are consumed with each cast.
- Bait and lures are specific to each type of fish.
- GP can be used for specific skills. A level of at least 600 is recommended.
- GP is retained when changing jobs between Fisher, Miner, and Botanist. Additionally, "Truth of Forests" and "Truth of Mountains" are usable as a Fisher.
- Conditions such as weather, Eorzean time of day, and moon phase can affect fish catch rates.
- Junkmonger (Lavender Beds) x:11.7, y:8.4
- Junkmonger (Goblet) x:10, y:8
- Junkmonger (Mist) x:10.7, y:11.6
- Junkmonger (Shirogane) x:10.1 , y:12.7